Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Deb's random thoughts

Burrrr it's so cold out there today.. but the comments left for me yesterday keep my heart warm and moving (thanks Jessica and Julie) Due to the cold, school starts at 10 today.. I'll be subbing P.E. again. I'm having a lot of fun with that.. It's surprising to me even after seeing the Oprah show the other day at the burdon kids today carry on their shoulders.. they look to anyone who will listen to tell their story.. I'm just a sub and hear things like parents getting out of jail, or somone who's dad pushed their mom over a coffee table and she hit her head.. how crazy is that.. all the more respect for teachers who see and hear this every day.. going home and wondering if there is something you should or could do for that child.. so this week has been rather eye opening about listening to children and understanding .. or trying to understand what's going on in their heads they arn't telling us about.. Like the book recently given to me.. and apparantly opening my eyes.. Love to a child spells.... TIME. you all have a great Wed. Love Debbie

1 comment:

stephanie said...

Hi Debbie,
I didn't catch the Oprah show yesterday but I have to agree with you that kids do have alot going on and alot of burden they shouldn't have to carry. I give teachers alot of credit for taking the time to listen to the kids and try to help if possible. As parents we don't always know what our kids are thinking and feeling. Sometimes they have these feeling and they don't know how to express them. It's really sad. Every night I take a few minutes and sit with each of my kids and read with them and just talk about the day with just the two of us, just to give them a chance to get any thoughs or feelings out.
Anyway I hope your day goes good today. And I hope it warms up for you! I'm ready for winter to be over this year, it has been a really rough winter.

Stephanie