Wednesday, July 23, 2008

On my nerves

Ok, the nerve Dr... can't find anything causing the numbness.. he gave me 2 options.. but weighed heavily on his first choice.. put me in the hospital take "protein from my back" sounds really scary.. and of course I'm sure very expensive.. other option which he wasn't interested was steroids to help the swelling go down.. his last words were... some Dr.'s would tell you to suck it up.. I swear he said this.. I left kinda angry then just realizing this wasn't working for me. I've been wanting to try a chiropractor.. so I went directly to one a friend Kelly referred me to.. he was very nice, I feel very confident he may be able to do something.. I go to see him tomorrow.. Wish me luck. :-) and of course I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Glad you went to the chiropractor...Don't ever hesistate to get a 2nd opinion! I hope this Dr. can give you some relief. Thinking of you!!

ruthie brookshire said...

HANG IN THERE. AND TRUST IN THE LORD. PSALMS 91 IS GREAT. LOVE YOU AND PRAYING FOR ALL OF YOU. RUTHIE

Anonymous said...

That's a doctor for you. So much for bedside manners! Go with your gut. (Always seems to be the best!) May God continue to bless and keep you. Continuing to pray for you.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the chiropractor ideal they do wonders for alot of people. All the stress you have been under could be a big factor. It couldn't hurt any, you'll know after he does an alignment. hang in there love you lots. Eunice

Anonymous said...

Don't want to be a downer, but check with your insurance before the chiropractor does anything to you, some insurance companies won't pay after a chiropractor has been brought into the picture.

However, with that said, my gut says if the chiropractor can help you then GO FOR IT! Maybe you should withhold payment from that doctor and when he calls asking for it, tell him to "suck it up"!