Friday, August 22, 2008

I'M SMILING

Thank you bloggers!! I'm happy knowing you all are still there. I knew it in my heart.. just needed reassurance. :-) how silly of me. I'm feeling good. We took Chey to a waterpark in Dallas with some friends.. We had a great time.. I found time for a massage. (it was wonderful)

You know lately, I've been getting so many wonderful emails with quotes that probably before the cancer I wouldn't have paid much attention to and now they are more meaningful than ever. Im going to start sharing them with you and also tell you.. don't wait until something big or tragic happens before you to open your eyes and see what's right there in front of you. If you have good quotes to share.. post them on the blog or email to me so I can pass along to others.. you never know which one will touch or reach someone in a way that could be life changing. :-)

Quote: Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Girl, you knew I would come up with quotes. You might even see some movie quotes too. We pray for you everyday and really miss you guys! Just wish we lived closer together -- hugs and kisses from Moose and Deena.

Julie said...

Love the idea for the quotes...you should start a journal of all the quotes & create a book one day!
This is from the book called "The Dash" by Linda Ellis...you MUST check out this website & watch the short video that goes along with it!! It's awesome...have some kleenex ready! www.thedashpoemmovie.com

"As a man spoke at his friend's funeral, he referred to the date of her birth and spoke of the following date with tears, but he said what mattered most was the dash between those years. For that dash represents all that she was about....". Are you proud of the way you've spent your "dash"?

Sallee Times said...

of course moose i wouldn't expect anything less. :-)

julie, great idea on the book idea. and i love the dash...