Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Being Honest

Hey all.. things are going pretty good.. i gotta tell ya though.. it hasn't all been a bed of roses lately. Curt says I share way to much with you guys, but you wouldn't be checking in if you didn't want to know.. right? ANYWAYS, had a scare last weekend with a little bleeding.. scared me and I immediately called the dr. they said it could be hemorrhoids, side effects from the radiation or the cancer.. seeing how I'm a "BELIEVER"... i'm going with number one option.. :-) This pain sometimes will put me in tears.. (seriously) Prep H didn't work.. the nurse gave me something else to try today.. it isn't as bad as the Prep so I'm gonna continue to use it and see how it does.. dr.s act like this is a pretty normal thing.. so Thur. tomorrow.. Meeting with cancer dr. I'm glad.. I would love some more reassurance.. although no CT scan lately I may learn what his next course of action will be after my 25th radiation treatment on the 30th.. and maybe just maybe he can confirm the problem I've been having isn't cancer.. So for those of you who don't know me very well, I'm a pretty open person.. and I'm sorry if I have shared to much information... for those of you who know me well... (quit shaking your head and laughing at me) My appointment is at 1:30 tomorrow.. It'll probably be tomorrow evening before I get to post anything.. Say a little prayer. Love you all. Debbie

6 comments:

Julie said...

You DON'T share too much!! We know how you "work" and sharing things (and listening to us share things)is what makes you "YOU"! I pray that the doctor can help ease your mind about things; continue to think positive...don't run the negative over and over in your head, it'll break you down. Keep busy w/ Chey and things around the house...don't "think" too much about every change in your body...stay a BELIEVER....love ya!!! And Yes, we are all interested in your "going ons", so feel free to share anything you need to .
:)

shellyb said...

"Be who you are,say what you feel those who mind don't matter those who matter don't mind" Tell Curt with us you can never over share. We love you and are here for you!!! Stay strong and keep "believing" LOVE YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

You tell, Curtis Dwayne Sallee, that we care and want to know but it always helps us because otherwise we wouldn't know what questions you were comfortable with. We love you so much and believe in YOU just as much as we believe in you and your strength. You are both in our hearts and our prayers.
Love, Karen

Colleen said...

Oh my gosh, Andrew would be the same way I'm sure about the sharing too much...it's a 'guy' thing--hahaha! Tell Curt it's ok, we all care and need to know how you're feeling, what you're thinking, and what you need. And you guys have way too many friends...holy cow, if we had to call you every few days and get updates, you'd never get anything done and you certainly wouldn't get any rest! So tell it like it is. We love ya!

vickie said...

Hi Debbie,
I work at ETS and even though i've never met you, your stories are very inspiring. I love reading them. They've made me laugh and cry. My mother is going through chemo now and it helps reading what she might be going through since she won't talk about it much. I was at the Kilgore branch a few days ago and mentioned that I dearly loved the bathroom story. So in my opinion, keep on writting. You're not only helping you, your friends and family but all of us out here that have been touched by cancer. My prayers are definately with you and your family. You've made me a "Believer". Thank you.

Carla said...

I love getting on here and reading how things are going. I think it was a great idea for you to do this. At least doing it this way you don't have to tell a million people the same stories all at different times. It kind of like "one stop shopping". Those who want to know what's up, know where to find it.:) Love you. My prayers are still with you. Just remember that you are never alone, it sounds like you have touched so many people in such a short time.