Thursday, July 29, 2010

Goodbye Mom


Sigh. I'm sad but happy. Mom passed away on Monday, July 26th. She has been sick for sometime and she was truly tired. She is in a much better place now and can see (she was blind) and I know she will be watching over us. I can't remember a time, if ever that I was involved so heavily in funeral services.. but realize how important it is to have e.v.e.r.y. detail lined out.. to make things easier on the family. We were close to having everything prepared but then came the tiny details and then trying to include everyone's way of saying goodbye (songs, poems, letters, etc.) I've been pretty strong through this all but expect to crumble at some time or maybe just sleep a few days, that would be nice. I've been overwhelmed and overjoyed at all the people we have seen the last few days. Mom is smiling from heaven. Funny, she was afraid she wouldn't have anyone at her funeral. I'm sharing one of my favorite pictures I found of mom. Remember how precious life is my friends, if we open our eyes... we have DAILY reminders. God Bless.

1 comment:

Julie said...

the funeral was perfect! you and your family did a great job & the stories, letters, songs let us all know your mom more & ya'lls relationship with her. God bless you and your family.