Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The What If's...

Well, I've been missing my blog writing... this helps me get things off my mind and I haven't taken time to do that.. which has led to a lot of stress and headaches.. I'm serious.. And although I'm doing VBS and getting ready for cheerleading.. that isn't what's stressing me. I've finally had time to clean my desk.. and believe me it was a task.. but I found my folder titled "medical" which is my folder of when my first diagnosis was given to me and all my paperwork.. kinda stung a bit. Course it didn't take long for me to start remembering.. thinking of the past... and then the future.. I've decided to start the task of collecting all my medical records for this binder to have for future reference. I feel like when and if this next Dr. appt. comes around.. if all looks good.. I will be released from his care maybe to every 6mths, 1 yr.. or longer.. Curt and I have decided if this is something that could come back quick like the originally described than we want to stay on top of it a little sooner than that.. Then we may be checking out the place in Oklahoma. and i will need all my medical records.. do i still worry, yes.. do i poke around on my body to see if i feel anything, yes.. every time I have an internal pain of some sort... I worry the cancer is re-activating.. doesn't happen everyday.. which is good.. but it's definately in the back of my mind.. So I continue to pray.. I know others continue to pray... I continue to believe and be positive.. but know it's only natural what I'm going through.. Love Debbie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

PPPSSSSSTTT! I just wanted to say I LOVE YOU!!! Smile and have a great day! And that goes for everyone who reads this as well! Your lovin Hubby!

Julie said...

you are such a strong person; you continue to inspire me (and i'm sure many others) with your thoughts & actions!! i know you will continue to BELIEVE & i pray for your health....keep on living life to it's fullest!! love ya!

stephanie said...

I can understand why things make you worry and wonder alot. A good friend of mine, her son had cancer and when he went into remission she was always worried about it coming back becuase there wasn't the chemo to keep it away. It was a constant worry. She is alot like you, always upbeat and making the situation into a positive. After they recived the new of her sons cancer they really put their lives on hold to make sure to spend everyday with him doing something fun that he would enjoy. Every day they woke up and asked him "what do you want to do today". And she always talked about how everyone needs to just slow down and appreciate what is right in front of you (your family and fiends) instead of rushing around always working. You both are so right. I have really started to appreciate my family and kids so much more. There is always time to sit and listed to your kids and to play a game of baseball in the backyard (those dishes and laundry can wait).

I continue to pray for you and your family for your good health. Enjoy your weekend! Oh by the way we finally got the approval to close on our new house. So we should be closing next Tuesday. I'm so excited! Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey Deb, I miss and thank about you all the time.

Is Chey excited about school being around the corner?? Logan's NOT!!! Summer is flying by~~~~~~

Always praying for you! Talk to ya soon.

Love ya, Melody